- Parish Office Holy Week Schedule
• Good Friday, April 3rd: The Parish office and all facilities will be CLOSED.
• Holy Saturday, April 4th: The Parish office will be open, regular business hours
• Easter Sunday, April 5th: The Parish office hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Happy Easter!
- Holy Week Schedule at St Joachim are as follows:
(click on image below for a printable copy)
- Seder Supper here at St. Joachim! - Come and spend an evening with Jesus and participate in what He did the night before He died. Our parish community will have an opportunity to participate in a Seder supper led by Rabbi Michael Mayersohn on Tuesday, March 31st, at 7:30 p.m. in Nevin Hall. Rabbi Mayersohn does many workshops and talks in Catholic parishes and also has been a speaker at the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress. Families are encouraged to attend and to bring children and grandparents. Please RSVP to ensure the correct amount of food can be prepared. Please leave your name, phone number and e-mail at the parish office or call Vickie Dendinger at (949) 759-1256. If you are willing to help or cook, please call Vickie Dendinger. A free will offering is requested to pay the rabbi’s fee.
- Ministry News
Ministry Opportunities… We Need Your Help!
1. Usher -If you attend the 10:00 a.m. Mass, this may be just what you are looking for… Being an ushers is a great way to meet other parishioners who attend Mass here at St. Joachim and you can be of great help, as well, in assisting at Mass by making sure those attending are being helped.
2. Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the Sick - If you or a loved one has ever been hospitalized, you can appreciate what a blessing it is to receive the Eucharist at a time when you are at your most vulnerable. For more than two decades, members of St. Joachim Parish have taken the Eucharist to patients at Hoag Hospital on Mondays and Wednesdays. Currently, we have just two volunteers for Mondays only. One of them is Larry O’Toole, who has been serving for almost 20 years and is ready to retire. Please help us keep our parish’s commitment to serving at Hoag Hospital.
3. Hospitality - We all enjoy the hospitality of donuts and coffee after the 10:00 a.m. Mass, but we need more help at this time. It is a wonderful way to meet other families. If you are interested in serving, please contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321 or at email@example.com, or come by the table after Mass and give your name to the hospitality ministers!
If you are interested in either ministry please contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Fr. Martin at email@example.com.
Cancer Ministry News! - Would you like more information about the Cancer Ministry? We invite you to our next meeting on Monday, April 20th, at 7:00 p.m., in Annex C, located across the street from the church at 1943 Orange Avenue. All are welcome! For more information contact Beatriz Soto at (949) 574-7400.
Are you or a loved one currently struggling with Cancer issues? Is Cancer taking a toll on your relationship with family, friends or God? Would it help you to meet with others struggling with similar issues? The Cancer Ministry announces the second of four quarterly Support Group Meetings on Monday, April 27th, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. in Annex A, located across the street from the church at 1943 Orange Avenue. The group is open to cancer patients in the parish and / or their significant support person. The group will be limited to 12 participants and preregistration is required. To register, please call the parish office at (949) 574-7400. Registrations will be accepted until Friday, April 24th.
- Attention Seniors - Spring is in the Air! Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 1st, in Nevin Hall following the 8:30 a.m. Mass. A special prize is awaiting the person with the funniest attire or accessory for April's Fools' Day and for every lady wearing an Easter bonnet. Mark your calendars now so you don't miss out. Please remember to bring canned food for the St. Vincent de Paul pantry. Questions? Contact Estelle Redoutey at (949) 548-6003.