- Set your clocks ahead. Daylight Savings Begins - Daylight Savings begins next SUNDAY, MARCH 9TH. Remember to set your clocks one hour ahead!
- Attention Seniors - Save the Date: WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5TH, Carol Blair, a dynamic speaker in the Diocese, will be sharing her journey with the Lord. Carol's talk will be titled FROM SACK CLOTH AND ASHES TO DANCING FOR JOY. This will be a wonderful way to begin the Lenten season. Remember to bring items for the SVDP food pantry. All are most welcome – bring a friend! For information, contact Estelle Redoutey at (949) 548-6003.
- Ash Wednesday Schedule - PLAN AHEAD… PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF THE ASH
WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE NOTED BELOW:
MASS SCHEDULE WITH DISTRIBUTION OF ASHES:
6:30 A.M. MASS ~ ENGLISH
8:30 A.M. MASS ~ ENGLISH
(The school children will be attending this Mass as well)
5:30 P.M. MASS ~ BILINGUAL
7:00 P.M. MASS ~ SPANISH
PRAYER SERVICE WITH ASHES AS FOLLOWS:
12:00 P.M. ~ BILINGUAL
3:30 P.M. ~ BILINGUAL
8:00 P.M. ~ SPANISH
There will be No Confessions on Ash Wednesday
- Make a Lenten Holy Hour - Lent is right around the corner and coming ever so close. It is a reminder for us to reflect and dwell on the Sacred events that are going to unfold. We remember this season as one of penance but also of prayer. This Lent we will have the opportunity to be with our Lord in adoration as we will have Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament prior to the Friday, 5:30 p.m. Mass. Exposition will begin at 4:00 p.m. and be reposed at 5:00 p.m., just prior to Mass. Please come and spend some time in prayer and in the presence of our Savior Jesus Christ!
- Stations of the Cross following Mass during Lent - During the Fridays of Lent, Fr. Martin will be celebrating Mass at 5:30 p.m. Following Mass, we will meditate on the Stations of the Cross beginning at 6:00 p.m., in the church. On FRIDAY, MARCH 7TH, the Stations of the Cross will be lead by our PARISH LECTORS. Stations of the Cross in Spanish will begin at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the 7:00 p.m. Mass.
- Fish Fry - The Knights of Columbus invite everyone to come enjoy the fantastic fish dinners they will be serving in NEVIN HALL FROM 6:00 TO 9:00 P.M., every Friday night during Lent. All are encouraged to join the community on Friday evenings during Lent.
- Parish Student Choir - All children, grades 3rd thru 8th, are invited to join the Parish Student Choir, which will combine with the school choir for the 10:00 a.m. Mass on Sunday March 16TH. Rehearsals will take place on SUNDAY, MARCH 9TH & 16TH, from 12:45 to 1:30 p.m. in the music room. To participate or formation regarding Music Ministry contact our Music Director, Andrew Everson at (949) 574-7400, ext. 413 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faith Formation News
SUPPORT MINISTRY FOR BEREAVEMENT: Our new Support Ministry for Bereavement provides a compassionate presence, a listening ear and a caring heart to individuals and/or groups who are experiencing grief due to the death of a loved one. If you or someone you know would like more information, please contact Kathy Lewis in our Faith Formation Office.
For information regarding FR. SERA’S SERIES AND / OR SUPPORT MINISTRY FOR BEREAVEMENT contact: Kathy Lewis at email@example.com or at (949) 574-7400 ext. 321
- Your old shoes can save a life! - The St. Joachim Cancer Ministry is helping in the collection of USEABLE shoes to help save a life, as the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation (PCRF) can trade usable pairs of shoes for valuable research dollars! It is that simple: the shoes need to be paired and if possible rubber banded together or in the same bag. Deposit the shoes in the marked receptacles located at the exits of the church or in the parish office by no later FRIDAY, MARCH 28TH. THEY WILL BE PASSED ALONG FOR USE AGAIN, SO PLEASE ONLY SHOES WITH SOME LIFE LEFT! If you have any questions, contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400, ext. 321.
- St. Joachim Love and Care Ministry - The Love and Care Ministry cares for babies by donating knitted items made by many loving hands as well as other donated baby items to the life centers throughout Orange County. If you would like information about the Love and Care Ministry, contact Mirtha Gonzalez at (949) 574-7400, ext. 322.