- Monthly Day of Adoration -The Monthly Day of Adoration will be Friday, January 30th, beginning after the 8:30 a.m. Mass and continuing through the following morning at 8:15 a.m.
- New Altar - The long awaited altar will finally be installed. The church will be closed from Monday, Febraury 2nd, thru Thursday, February 5th, as the installation requires the use of heavy equipment. There will be NO confessions on Wednesday, February 4th. Bishop Vann will be here on Friday, February 6th, to celebrate Mass at 8:00 a.m. and consecrate the new altar. All are invited to this Mass.
- Field Parking - Due to the large rainfall, our field needs some major repairs. It can NOT be used for parking during this process. If there are no major rainy days, the field will reopen on Sunday, February 1st. Please be considerate of our neighbors by parking your cars properly on the streets during this period. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Last Year’s Palms - We will be collecting last year's palms through Friday, February 13th. These palms will be burned and the ashes will be used at our Ash Wednesday services on February 18th. Please place your palms in the basket, located in the vestibule of the church.
- Candlemas Day - Monday, February 2nd, is Candlemas Day which commemorates the presentation of the infant Jesus in the Temple considered the true light of the world. It has been the tradition to bless candles that day at Mass for families to use in their homes thought the year. You are invited to bring your candles to the 8:30 a.m. Mass that day, to be blessed.
- Feast of St. Blaise - On Tuesday, February 3rd, throats will be blessed after the 8:30 a.m. Mass. This is done on the Feast of St. Blaise, a fourth century bishop who saved a small boy who was choking on a fish bone. This blessing, which can take place during or after Mass, asks God's healing and protection. Two blessed candles, joined in the form of a cross and usually tied with a red ribbon (as a sign of the martyrdom of Blaise), are placed around the throat of each person asking a blessing. The minister then prays, "Through the intercession of Saint Blaise, bishop and martyr, may God deliver you from disease of the throat and from every other evil: In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."
- Ministry News
Pancake Breakfast - Come join the Knights of Columbus for their delicious pancake breakfast on Sunday, February 1st, following the 8:00 & 10:00 a.m. Masses. This is a great opportunity to meet others in our parish. Bring your family and join us!
Ministry Opportunity If you attend the 10:00 a.m. Mass, this may be just what you are looking for… Being an usher is a great way to meet other parishioners who attend Mass here at St. Joachim and you can be of great help as well, in assisting at Mass by making sure those attending are being helped. If you are interested – men or women – please contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer Ministry News! Would you like more information about the Cancer Ministry? We invite you to our next meeting on Monday, February 2nd, at 7:00 p.m., in Annex C, located across the street from the church at 1943 Orange Avenue. All are welcome! For more information contact Kathy at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321.