- Monthly Day of Adoration - The Monthly Day of Adoration will be Saturday, February 28th, beginning after the 8:30 a.m. Mass and continuing through the following morning at 8:15 a.m.
- Daylight Savings Time Begins - Remember to set your clocks one hour ahead next weekend. Daylight Savings Time begins at 2:00 a.m. next Sunday, March 8th.
- Attention Seniors! - Join us on Wednesday, March 4th, in Nevin Hall following the 8:30 a.m. Mass. We will have breakfast and then our seminarian, Tim Donovan, will give a brief presentation on "Simon of Cyrene". If you have been fortunate enough to hear any of Tim's reflections, you know we will be blessed and challenged by his words Please remember to bring canned food for the St. Vincent de Paul pantry. Questions? Contact Estelle Redoutey at (949) 548-6003.
- St. Joachim Parish Mission - Join us for a Lenten Parish Mission from Monday, March 16th, to Wednesday, March 18th. There will be a morning session after the 8:30 a.m. Mass and an evening session at 7:30 p.m., after the 6:30 p.m. Spanish Mass. All sessions will take place in the church. The theme for our parish mission will be taken from the Scripture readings of the day. Each session we will have light refreshments except the final evening session as we will conclude with our Lenten Penance Service. Our Speaker will be Fr. Larry Dolan, OFM, who entered the Franciscan Order in 1987 after serving as a priest of the Diocese of San Diego for 22 years. He is a graduate of the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome. Presently he is assigned to Old Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside, California. Questions? Contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400, ext. 321
- Important Announcement! - Please note that there will be NO Confessions on Wednesday, March 11th, due to the Lenten Mission talks taking place in the church.
- Lenten Penance Service - In keeping with the penitential tone of Lent, we will have our Lenten Penance Service on Wednesday, March 18th, at 7:00 p.m. Numerous outside confessors will be available to hear confessions along with our priests from St. Joachim. A reminder that one precept of the Church states that one must confess his or her sins at least once per year, provided the person has mortal sin(s) to confess. The large number of outside confessors means that one may confess to a priest he or she does not know, which for some people makes for a more comfortable experience. Please leave room on your calendars for this important opportunity. Please note that the Spanish Mass will take place at 6:30 p.m. instead of 7:00 p.m. on this day only, as the Penance Service will begin immediately following the Mass.
- Stations of the Cross following Mass during Lent - During the Fridays of Lent, we will have Mass at 5:30 p.m. Following Mass, we will meditate on the Stations of the Cross beginning at 6:00 p.m., in the church. On Friday, February 20th, the Stations of the Cross will be led by our Parish Lectors. Stations of the Cross in Spanish will begin at 7:30 p.m., immediately following the 7:00 p.m. Mass.
- Fish Fry - The Knights of Columbus invite everyone to come enjoy the fantastic fish dinners they will be serving in Nevin Hall from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m., every Friday night during Lent. All are encouraged to join the community on Friday evenings during Lent.
- Fr. Mike's Birthday - Come join us for Fr. Mike's Birthday Celebration. Click Here for more details.
- Seder Supper here at St. Joachim! - Come and spend an evening with Jesus and participate in what He did the night before He died. Our parish community will have an opportunity to participate in a Seder supper led by Rabbi Michael Mayersohn on Tuesday, March 31st, at 7:30 p.m. in Nevin Hall. Rabbi Mayersohn does many workshops and talks in Catholic parishes and also has been a speaker at the Los Angeles Religious Education Congress. Families are encouraged to attend and to bring children and grandparents. Please RSVP to ensure the correct amount of food can be prepared. Please leave your name, phone number and e-mail at the parish office or call Vickie Dendinger at (949) 759-1256. If you are willing to help or cook, please call Vickie Dendinger. A free will offering is requested to pay the rabbi’s fee.
- Ministry News
Ministry Opportunities… We Need Your Help!
1. Usher -If you attend the 10:00 a.m. Mass, this may be just what you are looking for… Being an ushers is a great way to meet other parishioners who attend Mass here at St. Joachim and you can be of great help, as well, in assisting at Mass by making sure those attending are being helped.
2. Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the Sick - If you or a loved one has ever been hospitalized, you can appreciate what a blessing it is to receive the Eucharist at a time when you are at your most vulnerable. For more than two decades, members of St. Joachim Parish have taken the Eucharist to patients at Hoag Hospital on Mondays and Wednesdays. Currently, we have just two volunteers for Mondays only. One of them is Larry O’Toole, who has been serving for almost 20 years and is ready to retire. Please help us keep our parish’s commitment to serving at Hoag Hospital.
3. Hospitality - We all enjoy the hospitality of donuts and coffee after the 10:00 a.m. Mass, but we need more help at this time. It is a wonderful way to meet other families. If you are interested in serving, please contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by the table after Mass and give your name to the hospitality ministers!
If you are interested in either ministry please contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321 / email@example.com or Fr. Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer Ministry News! Would you like more information about the Cancer Ministry? We invite you to our next meeting on Monday, March 9th, at 7:00 p.m., in Annex C, located across the street from the church at 1943 Orange Avenue. All are welcome! For more information contact Kathy at (949) 574-7400 Ext. 321.
- Concierto y Oracion - Con Hermana Glenda,
Viernes 13 de Marzo.
8:30 - 10:30pm