- Easter Vigil and Confirmation Photos - For the Group Photos from Easter Vigil and Confirmation, Please Click Here.
- New Choir CD! - Don’t miss the release party on Friday, May 29th, in Nevin Hall at 7:30 p.m. We will also be celebrating Andrew Everson’s 25th Anniversary as Music Director here at St. Joachim. Don’t miss the fun and all of the new music!
- Monthly Day of Adoration - The Monthly Day of Adoration will be Saturday, May 30th, beginning after the 8:30 a.m. Mass and continuing through the following morning at 6:15 a.m.
- Parishes in Collaboration - Special Collection Parishes in Collaboration (formerly Parishes In Need)Special Collection will take place next weekend, May 30th & 31st. This collection is for the purpose of assisting parishes in the Diocese of Orange that exhibit ongoing needs that cannot be paid for by their ordinary income and have urgent needs (such as repairs and maintenance). All money donated to this collection is put into a restricted fund that will be administered by a group consisting of laity and clergy of the diocese. Parishes with needs as stated above will apply for grants from this fund to be used for their specific needs. By participating in this collection, all people of the Diocese of Orange are helping one another support the works of our parishes that struggle financially. Thank you for your generosity.
- Priest Retreat… Important Announcement - The priests of the Diocese of Orange will be on retreat beginning the afternoon of Monday, June 8th, through the afternoon of Friday, June 12th. The priests of our neighboring parish, St. John the Baptist, will be presiding at daily 8:30 a.m. English Mass from Tuesday through Friday. We have arranged with St. John the Baptist and Saints Simon and Jude parishes to cover sick calls, but we do ask that calls that can wait be deferred until the priests return. These two parishes are staffed by religious order priests who will not participate in the diocesan retreat.
Please Note: There will be NO Confessions on Wednesday evening, June 10th.
Fr. Martin… We give you thanks! - Fr. Martin Bui has served our St. Joachim community, both in English and Spanish, as an example of unity and integrity of our Catholic Church for the past 4 years. Come and join our community in giving thanks to him for his faithfulness to us and wish him well on his new assignment at St. John Neumann Parish in Irvine. He will celebrate a bilingual Mass on Sunday, June 21st. The 10:00 a.m. Mass will be bilingual and the celebration will continue in Nevin Hall immediately following the Mass. If you would like to bring food to share or help in anyway, contact Bob & Kathy Ward at email@example.com
or at (714) 448- 8773.
Become an Altar Server! - Each year a call goes out to young people who might be interested in serving at the Altar during Mass. Those who will be entering the 5th grade or above and have made their First Holy Communion are welcome to submit an application. We are looking for parishioners who are serious about undertaking this awesome responsibility and who see it as a privilege to serve. We ask applicants to be flexible, making themselves available to serve at weekend and weekday Masses… If you believe the Lord is calling you to serve in this way, please prayerfully consider applying for this ministry. Many of today’s priests were altar servers in their younger years. The Training Session will begin Monday through Thursday, June 8th — 11th. This session is open to the first 12 applicants so sign up early. Training will be held in the church beginning at 3:30 and ending at 5:30 p.m. each day. Parents are required to attend the first 30 minutes on the first day of class. Children are required to attend ALL four days of training! Pick up an application in the parish office.
- Sign up for electronic giving, win Angel tickets! - Make things easier and sign up for electronic giving! All those who sign up for electronic giving from June 1st through 19th, will be entered in a drawing to win 4 tickets to the Angels vs. Houston game on Friday, September 11th. Tickets include premiere parking. Winner will be announced on Father’s Day. You may sign up for electronic giving by contacting the parish office or Click Here to get started.
- Attention Seniors! - Join us on Wednesday, June 10th, in Nevin Hall following the 8:30 a.m. Mass. Please make not that this is the SECOND Wednesday of the month. This is the last meeting for this year and we will be having a Hawaiian luau so come dressed appropriately. Please remember to bring canned food for the St. Vincent de Paul pantry. Bring a friend! Questions? Contact Estelle Redoutey at (949) 548-6003. We will be planning an outing for the end of June.
- Ministry News
Religious Education Classes for Fall 2014 - Registration for children 4 years of age thru 6th grade has begun for fall classes… At Baptism, part of the rite addressed to the parents says, “You have asked to have your child baptized. In doing so you are accepting the responsibility of training them in the practice of the faith.” Canon Law states that parents are the prime educators of their children. If your child is not attending Catholic school, you have the obligation of educating them in the faith either by a home study or enrolling them in Religious Education classes. Remember that these classes are not just for children preparing to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist. Our faith and understanding of God continues to grow in us for a lifetime. Please register your children in the Faith Formation office, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Registration is $65 per child. Classes will begin Sunday, September 20th, at 11:15 a.m. after the 10:00 a.m. Mass.
To register or for more information, contact Kathy Lewis in the Office for Faith Formation at 949-574-7400 Ext. 321 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Education Opportunities
■Weekend of May 29th — 31st: Come Spend a Weekend with Pope Francis, the Pope of Surprises. This retreat will be held at St. Andrew’s Benedictine Abbey and will bedirected by Victoria Dendinger and Diana Janas. Participants will eat and pray with the monks, confessions will be available. We will see a documentary on Pope Francis’ life, hear talks about him and his background and values, share wine, cheese, soft drinks and a movie party Saturday night and spend time in prayer and meditation. Those who wish to attend should call St. Andrew’s Abbey at (661) 944-2178.
■ Sunday, June 14th, after the 10:00 a.m. Mass: Men’s Spirituality; Fr. Mike & Victoria Dendinger will be our speakers.
■ Thursday, July 7th, 14th, 21st and August 4th, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Summer Series… Speakers to be announced!
■ Saturday, August 22nd: Adult Retreat… details to follow.
■ Saturday, September 12th: Evening with Thomas Merton and Dorothy Day; this year is the 100th Anniversary of Thomas Merton’s birth, and Sharon and David do a wonderful job in reader’s theater as Dorothy Day and Thomas Merton reading correspondence with each other.
- Attention St. Joachim Class of 1964, 1965 & 1966! - We are seeking members of St. Joachim Graduating Class 1964, 1965 & 1966 for a reunion this fall. If you are a class member or know of someone please contact Bill Conde at (707) 704-0737 / email@example.com; Marion Franciscus- Stilley at (559) 697-5344 / firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on the Class of 1966 Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/StJoachimClassOf66
Back to top