- Group Photo - Below is the Group photos taken before the Easter Vigil Mass on April 19, 2014. Click on the photo to download the larger printable file. Happy Easter!
- Important Notice for those who attend the Saturday,
5:30 pm Vigil Mass - We are expecting a full house for our confirmation Mass this year. The confirmation will be held at the 5:30 p.m. Mass on Saturday, April 26th. In our efforts to accommodate our regular 5:30 p.m. attendees, we will also offer a SATURDAY VIGIL MASS AT 4:00 P.M. ON APRIL 26TH. The Mass will finish by 4:45 p.m.
- Canonization – April 27, 2014 ~
Divine Mercy Sunday
Pope John XXIII ~ Pope John Paul II
“Open wide the doors for Christ”
On SATURDAY, APRIL 26TH, at 7:00 p.m. there will be Vigil screening of a video based on Pope John Paul II in Nevin Hall. On SUNDAY, APRIL 27TH, there will be a Mass of Thanksgiving (Spanish) at 12:00 noon. In the church at 3:00 p.m. there will be Devotion to the Chaplet of Divine Mercy (Bilingual) with exposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
- Faith Formation News
The Sacrament of Confirmation (Bilingual) will be celebrated on SATURDAY, APRIL 26TH, AT THE 5:30 P.M. MASS, with Bishop Daniel Walsh presiding. This will be for our teens and adults who have completed their preparation.
First Holy Communions
We will be celebrating First Holy Communions (English) at the following Masses in May:
† SUNDAY, APRIL 27TH, AT THE 10:00 A.M. MASS
† SATURDAY, MAY 3RD, AT 2:00 P.M. (SPANISH)
† SUNDAY, MAY 4TH, AT THE 10:00 A.M. MASS
† SUNDAY, MAY 11TH AT THE 10:00 A.M. MASS
These are sacraments of initiation. Please come and rejoice with these candidates and their families!
2014 Vacation Bible School
Weird Animals… Where Jesus’ Love is One-of-a -Kind
It’s time to think about VBS again! VBS is for children 4 years of age through 5th grade. Registration has begun. The cost is $60 per child. This year VBS will take place from Monday, June 23rd thru Friday, June 27th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. To register or for more information, contact Kathy Lewis in the Office for Faith Formation at 949-574-7400 Ext. 321 or e-mail at email@example.com.
"Get on the Bus" Teddy Bear Drive
St. Joachim Faith Formation Outreach is hosting a Teddy Bear Drive for the "Get on the Bus" Program. On or about Mother's day Get On The Bus brings children and their guardians/caregivers from throughout the state of California to visit their mothers and fathers in prison. The program offers free transportation for the children and their caregivers to the prison, travel bags for the children, comfort care bags for the caregivers, a photo of each child with his or her parent, meals for the day— all at no cost to the children’s family. On the bus trip home, following a four-hour visit, each child receives a teddy bear with a letter from their parent and post-event counseling. They need as many Teddy Bears as we can provide. We will collect them thru the end of APRIL. The Teddy Bears CANNOT be taller than 10”. Bring your Teddy Bears to the Parish office anytime. Thank you! For information on this event contact Kathy Lewis at (949) 574-7400, ext. 321. For information on the Get on the Bus Program visit ww.getonthebus.us
- 2014 Spring Fair May 16th, 17th, & 18th - Mark your calendars! Our Spring Fair will take place on the weekend of May 16th thru 18th! We will have food, rides, entertainment, raffles and lots of fun. Please save the dates and come and support your Parish and school. WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS! In addition please note that we will have our Children’s Talent Show on Friday, May 16th. We will be having auditions on SUNDAY, APRIL 13TH, at 1:30 p.m. in the music room. If your child is interested in participating please leave your information at the Parish office or contact Mireya Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liza Marmaud at LMarmaud@gmail.com. Thank you and God Bless!
- 2014 Rummage Sale - Each year the Annual Rummage Sale (aka White Elephant Sale) raises $7,000 - $11,000, thanks to the generosity of our St. Joachim parishioners. This year the Rummage Sale will take place on the weekend of MAY 16TH THRU 18TH. Once again, we are asking that you start saving any usable items you may wish to donate for the sale. Storage is a problem, so please hold on to them until the week before the event, when they can be delivered to Nevin Hall. ABSOLUTELY NO CLOTHING OR SHOES; however, purses and all else are welcomed! If you have any questions, contact Alex Frausto at (949) 574-7400, ext. 311 / email@example.com. Pick up a flyer available at the exits of the church or in the parish or offices for more information on how you can help!